Sunday, February 25, 2007

Second attempt on Hyde Park scheduled for March 4

We plan to make our second attempt on Hyde Park, NY on March 4th. I mentioned this to our sister Anne (http://www.annesbusyhands.blogspot.com/) because, since John can't come (some excuse about church and family obligations) we have a fourth seat open in the car. It would be fun to have her along, because I've started knocking around some ideas for poems for each of the presidents, and Anne has written poetry. (John's poem ode to Punxsutaney Phil was rather notable in its day, too) I'll have to do some of them retroactivly, but I've already got some material in mind for a sonnet for Franklin Pierce, and either a couplet or a haiku for Calvin Coolidge. I'll post them when I've got them.

As for the fourth seat, it might end up being filled by any number of Unitarians, as Barbara accidentally e-mailed the itinerary to her church's board of trustees. Should be a fun trip either way...

2 comments:

Anne's Busy Hands said...

Alas, I cannot come, because I have this silly job that requires me to be at work bright-eyed on Monday morning at 8 a.m. But I'm marking my calendar for some upcoming adventures. How much does a used RV cost?? If a bunch of us pooled together, we may be able to use the damn thing for a great adventure for the visit to the Ohio/Michigan swing.

By the way, I really liked Presidential DeathMarch a lot. Dead Presidents tour might cause problems, as I believe there is, or was,a band called The Dead Presidents. Just a thought.

Sister Anne

Tony Rimkunas said...

I think you're thinking of The Dead Kennedys. The Dead Presidents, I believe are from the movie, Point Break. There's also The Dead Milkmen, but that's another story.

I think we'll need to think about a used (but not too stinky) RV for the Ohio/Michigan trip. The Duggars found one that could sleep something like 16 (!) so it shouldn't be that hard to find one that would hold a half-dozen of us Lithuanians!